Friday, April 18, 2014

Truth of my heart

I have a heavy, heavy but humble heart tonight. I haven't been blogging much because I have been very numb to all that has happened. That might sound selfish, or crazy, but I have just tried to make myself not think about it to get through the day. Until today....

Casey and I are visiting his precious family in Denison for Easter weekend. We went to this trade days in McKinney and I stumbled across this quote that made me smile but made my heart crumble all at once. It was a broken down pallet with the saying, " for this child, I prayed for." Some of you might be so lost to why it broke me, but some of you understand. Every night I pray for the day we get a phone call saying we have been chosen. Every day I pray about the day that we get to meet our first child and the selfless mother who gave the child up. It is that I have a heavy heart for tonight. It has taken me years to get to this point, but I truly want to speak my heart and hopefully it will touch at least one persons life.

Since my hysterectomy, and even before then I often wondered why me, why was I chosen to not have a baby. As I mentioned in an earlier blog it's so many times the women who don't have the desire to be a mom, or simply not ready. Tonight my blog is for the moms who have given their child up for adoption or the ones who are considering it. I want to say thank you, thank you for giving those of us a chance who without your selflessness wouldn't get to dream of the family we one day will have. I will never be able to imagine how hard it is to make the choice, but all I ask is one thing. For those of you considering adoption, if in your heart the baby isn't what you want, if you have goals you want to achieve, and a life you want to live I ask... Make the choice of adoption. Know that you are giving the miracle of life to those of us who can't have a baby. Know that the decision of adoption is the most selfless out there. Know that one day your biological child will love you because you wanted a better life for both them and you. I ask you to not have a baby because it seems fun, and you can play dress up. Don't have a baby because you don't want people to judge you if you give it up for adoption. Keep the baby because in your heart you know you can give it a better life than anyone else can. 

Adoption is a beautiful thing. It can save so many lives and bring happiness to so many lost souls. My blog tonight wasn't to lecture, wasn't to make anyone feel guilty, I just wanted to tell the real feelings of a woman who will never have a biological child. A woman who prays that another woman will choose her one day to raise her child. A woman who struggles every day, but as women we support each other and I will forever continue doing what I need to do.

1 comment: